Saturday, December 11, 2010

saturday afternoons

Saturday afternoons are usually fun. I spend a lot of time alone with God finishing up the message for Sunday. I inevitably get a phone call from somebody who is going through a spiritual struggle. My wife takes the kids to do something like shopping or today it's cookie baking and games through New Heights Fellowship.

By the way, Christmas cookies rock!. I could grow a whole 'nother butt if you take my meaning. I say, make 'em year round! I say, make 'em the old fashioned way (whatever that is) and bake lots of love and hard work into them. Of course I am thinking of you making them, not me...

Where was I? Oh, yes, Saturday afternoons. Today, like many I am trying to write a paper for school and finish my sermon and deal with any other details for tomorrow and I am trying to get done in time to have a little fun and relaxation tonight before getting to bed at a reasonable time to be ready for tomorrow.

So, why am I writing this blog right now then? That's a very good question. I'd like to say it's cause I love you just that much but since I don't know you ( I do try to love all people) and I am sincerely thinking that not enough of the people that I love and that say they love me will read this...I guess there really is no reason other than it was what I felt God wanted me to do.

Now, I have...

Be the church!

Pastor Dan
www.newheightsfellowshipchurh.org

No comments: