Friday, April 22, 2011

Two boys two rooms

I've got a six year old and a nine year old. They are both incredibly smart and I'm not jsut saying that cause I'm biased. They read very well (well above their age level0 and they use words like evidently and superficial. They msut have gotten it from their mother-cause she is really smart to-She knew I needed her before I did.

Anyway, lately I have noticed how they have been acting out the scripture which says steele shapens steele. When they are together they spiral up and up until things are out of control. It's the effect they have on one another. They are always trying to one-up or escalate to the next higher stopping point like in a lunch room full of children all trying to shout over one another. Except, there are only two of them...

So, today they are grounded from being in the same room for any length of time. I thought it was fitting. They don't like it. We let dinner and the car slide but they have their computers in the same room and so can not both play computer or watch tv or play with their little nephew at the same time. It seems to have gotten their attention. Perhaps they will learn to appreciate one another more. Then again, maybe not.

Thank God I'm not really the one in charge here.

Thank God He is.

Pastor Dan Stevenson
www.newheightsfellowshpchurch.org
In 16 hours we march!

2 comments:

Patrick Grady said...

hey pastor awesome story i can truly sympathize with children seeming to be wise beyond there age.. very awesome story and I love what the Lord is doing in your family as well as mine and in your life as well as mine let's keep cramming the word of god down satan's throat as we move forward towards another victory for Jesus i love you brother and thank you

Pastor Dan said...

Awesome imagry dude-camming it down his throat! I"m in! See ya there.

Pastor Dan
www.newheightsfellowshipchurch.org