Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Bondage Breaker-buy it...

Neil T. Anderson wrote a book called Bondage Breaker. Christians should check it out. Last Night at New Heights we went through step four of the seven steps to freedom. I can email the notes to anyone who posts a comment requesting them or message me on Facebook(tm).

Anyway, Step four is about submitting to authority. People don't like to so it. We are trained by the world to be rebellious. We even start thinking if we aren't rebellious we can't be our own person.

Trust me, you don't want to me your own person. You want to be God's. His stuff lasts.

Anyway, we went through an exercise thinking about where we have failed to submit to authority. I found several in my own life. It turns out-and I should have known this-that when you do not submit to the authorities that God has placed in your life you are opening an avenue for Satan and evil spirits to get at you. It makes perfect sense since God said that rebellion is like the sin of witchcraft when Saul was being denounced.

I want to submit myself to the authorities in my life and I made that commitment yesterday and last night. If you see me not submitting. I give you the permission to mention it.

It's serious. Satan is a rebel against God's system. How about you?

Pastor Dan Stevenson
www.newheightsfellowshipchurch.org

No comments: