Thursday, April 5, 2012

Taking a day off in the ministry

So, I've been trying to take Thursdays off for about four months now. I try every week to schedule everything I can on the other days of the week and to organize my day off to allow me to get things done. It doesn't seem to work yet.

Taking a day off in the ministry...
A week ago-I actually had several people form my ministry call me and leave me messages that began with-I know it's your day off or maybe it's your day off- But. Ordinarily, you'd think a person might shake their head but I sort of get it. God doesn't take a day off anymore and different persons in the ministry get their day off whenever their employer says not whenever they want. They need to know what they need to know to make their day off from their secular employment as productive for God as it can be. I get it. I was actually grateful for the humble spirit with which they approached me on my day off. Some others have not done so.

Taking a day off in the ministry...
So, take a day off. Even, I say avoid the phone if necessary but going with Phil 2 we all should be concerned for ourselves and our walk with Christ as well as for others and theirs. So, when your day off is interrupted by say, a subpoena or some work that you've been putting off and it just can't wait now-Don't get upset. Like many other things in this life these things too can work for God's glory. What's more, He can use them to bless you if you love Him and are called according to His purpose.

Taking a day off in the ministry...
So, make sure you viciously attack hurry in your schedule, utilize whatever systems you need to to get the time adjusted so you can actually take the time off, and then just do it. In the process, never forget that God does not have to work on your schedule.

Oh, and Thank God, Because I'd sure hate to see what the world would look like if God took a day off.

Pastor Dan Stevenson
http://www.newheightsfellowshipchurch.org/

No comments: