Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Crunch Time

I've always performed well when the chips were down, crunch time, at the wire, at the last minute, under deadline... etc. Does it say anything that we have so many ways of saying it?

Now it seems that I've orchestrated (under God's leadership) my life so that almost everything happens like this. I know when my theoretical productive time is. I know what needs to be done but I seem to have difficulty lining up the two.

A person has a period during any given day when they are most 'on.' This is their productive time. It has many factors in it but it will be when you feel the most alive or awake and when you can get the most done. If you bounce your sleep schedule all around you can hardly find your productive time and in some cases it pretty well ceases to exist. So, sleep roughly the same eight hours evey night and look for that time of day when your at your best and put the most demanding things in that time. Your life will be better for it.

Where was I? Oh yes, crunch time.

Oh and by the way. Cap'n Crunch cereal rocks. The crispiness must be good for your teeth and I am assured that if you brush and floss regularly the sugar won't hurt your teeth. Consider that cereal has more vitamins in it than say, veggies and it begins to look like a good snack. However, we must remember that there are those nasty calories and oils. Some say calories unused make you fat-hmmm could be... Oils coat your taste buds and makes you like other foods less-some of which are healthy too (This is one opinion but may prove true through scientific research as well.) So go ahead live a little, eat some sugar cereal, brush and floss regularly and keep eating other healthy foods as well.

Crunch time. The joys and freedom thereof. If it's due when the time comes to turn it in-whatever you have managed to do will be good enough. If it's needed then when the time comes to be done whatever you have done will be appreciated. It's heart pumping, mind-racing speed that accomplishes the task in the last few seconds or even on the last day.

Procrastination is a sin. Planning a set time to do something and to stick to your plan and do it is not necessarily a sin unless you have decided to put things out of order of importance. When God says to do something you should not plan a time in the future but do it immediately. Unless of course His command comes with a schedule. Anyway, after being issued a command any delay is disobedience. That being said, people put off everything it seems. I rarely do this anymore (procrastinate I mean.) I figure I'll get around to it though...

Back to crunch time: I enjoy a fast pace in almost everything I do. My mind was built for speed-and sometimes functions like a train wreck. Usually, by the time I sort out what it is that I was doing from what it is that I'm supposed to be doing, I have very little time left before 'On-time' passes me by.

There are exceptions: Everything that I am certain God has given me to do must come before everything that I am figuring on doing. Lots of stuff falls through the cracks this way but I figure God knows what He's doing and I really don't-I mean I REALLY don't. So, better Him than me.

So, if you find yourself spending most of your life in crunch time-I wouldn't worry too much about it. maybe you were built that way-However, never let your need for speed interfere with your need for obedience.

They say: If you really want something done you've got to do it yourself. I say, If God really wants something done, all He should have to do is point me in the right direction.

Yes! I am a loaded weapon for the Lord! "Go Jesus! Go Jesus! Go Jesus! " -now read this again and sort of chant it or make a song or something. Add a little hip shift and circle your arms like you just don't care. But, you are a loaded weapon for the Lord because you do care.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have something that I am supposed to be getting done and I'm running out of time...

Pastor Dan
newheightsfellowshipchurch.org
originally 12/8/10 1137AM

No comments: