Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Atlanta

Recently, my wife and I traveled to Atlanta. We found some interesting and unexpected things. Traffic: The traffic in Atlanta is unbelievable. They have lots of roads and apparently live mostly on them. We crossed the city and it took 2 1/2 hours. We were frazzled just by the number of stops and ammount of time spent. When we arrived a trusted source commented that our time was actually a good one. This throng of humanity survives out of courtesy for one another and a willingness to exist under adverse circumstances. The government appears to have done a great deal to make possible the masses of traffic. Business are amply spread and there is a lot of preserved green. Three to four lane highways are the norm. People stopped to let us into traffic. There is a new and undestandable movement to put everything that one needs in one general local-like the mega-blocks from Judge Dredd(TM). you live, eat, play, and work all in one general local-your neighborhood becomes "the block." It's cool, but it certainly breeds a different mind-set. I guess I'm spoiled, thinking I can get in the car and drive to where I am going and have a reasonable expectation of getting there between bathroom trips. Anyway, we would still have taken the offered jobs and moved there if that is what we felt the Lord wanted. However, it appears that God has other plans right now. So, thank you for your prayers, or if you knew nothing about the offers-sorry to spring it on you-and we'll be staying here for now. I did get to reunite with a friend and to make at least one new one. I wish I would have had more time but we all must get back to serving the Lord... I have no idea how long God will keep us here serving on this field. It looks like for a while anyway. I hate that it means at least for now Sherri has to continue to travel way more than I would like. God Bless Dom. Corp They have been good to us. In turn God has been good to them. It works that way, ya' know? Genesis 12-Them which take care of us-God will take care of. You ain't seen nothin' yet! Pastor Dan Stevenson www.newheightsfellowshipchurch.org

No comments: