Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Crazy Days

It occurs to me that whenever a person sets themselves out to serve Christ in whatever capacity possible...they will endure crazy days. There's this odd combination of what becomes normal, like scheduled events, and what invades your life, like opportunities to serve Christ. You wind up talking to the girl at the register a little longer than expected and someone calls who has no groceries and you already had a Bible Study scheduled and people are counting on you and you're leaving for the airport at 5:30 AM and there's paperwork to be done and who hugged your kids today? Academically speaking, one should not use that many ands in a sentence. I think Paul-or at least the translation of Paul in the NIV seems to do that but that does not make it good writing, academically. Then again, his run on sentences, as translated into English are the word of God, are really good writing, and prove to be the exception to the rule. So, I used way too many ands... It is a fairly realistic picture of certain days. This would explain why I blog not enough. Anyway, I believe that this is life and life more abundantly. Did I really only live one day since I put these socks on this morning? Can that much stuff get crammed in one day? This is my excuse for why I often do not know the day of the week as readily as I should. Though, I find that this phenomenon happens to many folks. (The forgetting the day thing) So, then, now it's late. I was going to get cleaned up before I get nestled in. And even though the day has seemed so long, i just looked at the clock and was genuinely amazed that it is not much later than it is. Very interesting isn't it... God loves me and that really is all that matters. Stink for God-2 Cor 2:14-21; I like this motto, but Amalya thinks it has issues. God Bless and Good night-stinker... Pastor Daniel Stevenson www. newheightsfellowshipchurch.org

No comments: