Wednesday, February 12, 2020

okay,So New Heights is in the middle of a six month emphasis on writing a Journal and I'm realizing that as a writer I am really bad at writing a journal. I love writing and I can make stuff up on the fly, but I just never seem to get around to writing in my journals consistently. As a reader of my blog you probably already knew this. want to. I know I can. I just don't get around to it as often as I should. I have resolved to do better. Along with a lot of people at New Heights.

This journey with God has been an incredible one. He has done so much. I feel like l would be hard-pressed to do justice. But the reality is that writing a journal is a spiritual discipline and if I wasn't putting in some serious effort I doubt it would do me or anyone any good.

 So, as I sit here trying out new technology wishing that it would be an excuse for overcoming the hurdle, I realize instead that there hurdle is the very thing that I stand to gain from the effort. I am to be reminded that I am able. Because I am able and because God wants me to-I shall.

 The spiritual discipline of writing a journal is putting something down, It is an effort to encapsulate the thoughts of the day in words that make sense to me now and that may help me get an overview later as to what is really happening. Since it's not over yet and I can see the basic value of better understanding what's happening I cannot deny the logic.

 So I will set parameters as is done with all disciplines and of we go...

No comments: