Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Alabama Governor's comments

So he gets elected and speaks in a local church building on the same day. He urges the crowd to come to Christ warning that those present who do not know Christ are not actually his brothers and sisters. This is factual based on the Bible.

The debate rages right now on MSN(TM) about whether what the man says makes it unlikely that he can care equally for all of his constituents. Except, the debate isn't about that really. It is about what every crazy keyboarding atheist and wannabe Internet evangelist wants to argue-the authenticity of Christian faith and the reality of God.

I know I'm not the impartial speaker that would be required for someone to put an end to that debate...I believe God inspired the Bible and that there are no private interpretations. I believe that in order for a person to be educated they must have a working knowledge of it contrary to those who would argue that education makes it irrelevant.

The Bible is the single best attested historical collection of texts we have. Nothing in history has survived the test of time the way God's word has. Unlike some would argue the texts of the Bible have not been altered over time. There are subtle linguistic differences sure, but when you compare the writing found in the Dead Sea Scrolls with their counterparts in the modern Bible it is clearly evident that the text had remained essentially the same for hundreds of years.

Great pains were taken to ensure that it was so. Modern Bibles have been produced using modern vernacular and some can not understand how they can come from the same source. Clearly languages have different words for the same thing. The Bible does not contradict itself and has stood the test of time-something single-lifetime atheist will not do.

I believe there is only one way to God. I am sorry for all those who believe otherwise and contrary to how this fact may make them feel about me, I love them. They often say mean and sometimes hateful things to get me to shut up. As you can see, it hasn't worked yet.

While I do not begrudge them their right to free speech, I think that there are limitless even Christians who call unbelieving advocates idiots or worse should realize that they have crossed over a line. Unfortunately, the persons who are in the best position to argue the reality of God and the strengths of Christianity often have figured out that there is little profit in it.

I am secure in what I believe. I know in whom I have believed and that he is able to keep until that day that which I have entrusted to Him. He is not the Easter Bunny, He is not the Teddy Bear God some would make him out to be, and there is a terrible reckoning coming. I'm sorry for them that will not prepare by embracing the teachings and love of Jesus on every level-really I am.

But, a word of caution to my Christian brothers and sisters be careful how adamantly you argue. Don't cross a line with vindictive or adversarial speech. Remember, that ours is not to make this life time less enjoyable for those who will not hear-after all, it's all they have...

God Bless every missionary and evangelist who has dedicated his or her life to spreading the gospel among unbelievers who in return hate them the world over-including in America.

Can you imagine, some have taken up the mantle to argue against faith. Faith of any kind...God forgive them for they know no what they do...

Pastor Dan
http://www.newheightsfellowshipchurch.org/

No comments: