Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Young men growing up

So several things amaze me about kids.

One, they don't need much to excel. They need good shelter, food, a bit of nurture and a little discipline. The things seem to provide the necessary soil for growth. Children do well in many environments where supposedly healthy adults would fall down and maybe not get back up.

Foster children go through wondering every day whether they will ever be part of a loading family. Worse than that children who live with one parent have the same questions. It is forgotten often that children can smell the same death that anyone else can smell on those that are perishing.

Without understanding it many people, children included have to experience those smells every day not understanding why what appears to be alive smells like death.

I feel for the children. For the adults, they should know better and are without excuse.

The children amaze me and go on after the hit so much better than adults. That is what I was just saying.

Then here's the rub. Maybe, just maybe the real pain that strikes an adult so hard that they can't hardly get up and give it another shot is not the smell of death or the hurt of recent circumstances but the reafforestation that they knew, that they should've or could've known if only.

Oh boy, if only...

Maybe we need to come to God like that. lord, I don't need a lot and I'll thrive. I'll continue in you if you shelter me, nurture me and feed me a little. I'll need a little discipline but I'll keep on going even after three hard his. I'll do and be my best and leave the rest up to you.

Children are awesome. Now it's true I've seen the worst in children as well. But then again it's easy to become confused with the standards adults are setting. Also there the smell and no explanation...
Good help us be better care givers and representatives of you as we teach and lead the next generations and the remnants of the past generations that didn't get it when they might have, in Jesus' name, amen.

No comments: